Principles and value in the modern age is a victim of a couple of correlated forces. The lack of confidence and the lack of interest. The quality of machine production in modern age has made man lose confidence in his abilities. Not only that, man lost the interest in creativity and original art for the simple fact that it has no more value as compared to the hair accurate machine mass production. Man starts the idea that he needs to find a new exciting unexplored field, in pointless realms. This is the age of pointlessness. Anything that has no value, no point, has become a source of excitement, once it is used as a raw material to produce.
This phenomenon is very poisoned, we don’t really realize that we are actually masking originality with pointlessness just to make exciting, in other words, we are actually impotenting originality, and producing an ugly child, that looks somehow different and better than nothing. This is the value of postmodern creativity.
What this has in its stores for us? What this has For our greatest gift of thinking? This has made us lose the passion in creativity and imagination. More, it has burdened the process of reflection. Reflection in the current age had became a pointless boring process. Reflection would rather end up in this infinite cycle or round paths of thinking that has creativity pushing it up, and lack of confideness- lack of intrest couple, pushing it down. Ideas will go up, just to go down to reach square one again.
We start with a problem that we have the solution for, so passionate that we can solve it, and then the big wall of I don’t know and I don’t care bash it. Push is back to the starting point.
“I hate office
I feel I am enslaved here
Workers should have rights
Maybe that will affect my status in my job
I really don’t know if protesting is right
Maybe I shouldn’t care about those matters and focus on work
Back to work
I am stressed
I hate office!”
....
There goes a simple example of the “postmodern loop”. This phenomenon makes ideas spin around it, it is like the couple forces phenomenon in physics that causes cyclones, two opposing forces that end up spinning. The victim of this cyclone is one thing: our innocent passion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment